We don't have many rules but here they are!
1. Perche Cemetery shall be governed by the Perche Cemetery Association of Boone County, INC.
2. There is a one time non-refundable maintenance fee of $200.00 per grave. This fee shall be used for mowing and/or trimming of the cemetery. At no time shall these funds be used for filling of sunken areas on or around any grave nor shall these funds be used to repair or maintain any tombstone or grave marker.
3. There is also a $175.00 deposit, per grave which will be refunded provided an appropriate grave marker is erected within twelve months of date of death. An appropriate marker shall be made of a permanent type material, have a solid foundation, be at least 24 inches by 12 inches by 4 inches and have an inscription which will include but not be limited to first & last name, year of birth and year of death. The marker shall also be in alignment with other markers to facilitate maintenance and mowing. It is your responsibility to notify us when a marker has been erected. One way you can do this is by sending an email to either the secretary or treasurer by clicking on your choice under the heading 'Trustees'. Thanks to the generosity of our supplier, Carter Memorials INC. of Moberly, Missouri, we will be able to keep the deposit at this very low level for now. Item 3 does not apply if an appropriate marker is already at the site.
4. Items 2 and 3 above must be satisfied prior to the grave opening. Discuss this with your Funeral Director.
5. If you wish to pre-arrange a burial site you must first meet with a trustee at the cemetery to jointly select the site. Second you must pay the maintenance fee and third you must have erected an appropriate marker (see 3 above for specifications). Then and only then is your selected site secure.
6. All flowers, wreaths, containers and other decorations not on the marker itself must be removed within thirty days.
7. These rules may be changed or modified from time to time as the members of Perche Cemetery Association of Boone County, INC. may see fit or necessary.